Friday, January 14, 2011

Gospel Letter

Dear Neighbor,

You have received this letter today not as a random act or a silly chain letter, but as a token of friendship and to let you know that you are special and loved by Jesus Christ. If you know Jesus Christ as your personal savior, praise God for that. If you do not know Him as your savior, please consider the following question: After your last breath, will you go to Heaven? Most people answer with a, “Yes,” or “I hope so.” Today, I just want to share with you the Truth. Today, if you don’t know the answer, I will share it. We are not promised tomorrow. All we have is right now, today.

The Bible is God’s inspired word, message if you will, written by men for all people for all times. Allow me to pose a few questions with answers to see if any of us are good enough to get to Heaven. What do we call someone who tells lies? (a liar) What do we call someone who steals? (a thief) What are people called that misuse the name of God? (blasphemers) If we ask ourselves and others these questions, and we admit that we have done these things, we are in bad shape; we are lying, blaspheming thieves. The Bible teaches in Hebrews 9:27 it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment. When we die, if we die in our sins without Christ knowing us and we Him as our savior, we are doomed to spend eternity in Hell. Please don’t stop reading. If I’ve offended, I am sorry, but I’d rather have you steaming mad now than burning for an eternity. God, in his mercy and grace made a way for us to avoid damnation. That way is Jesus.

We can never do enough good deeds to ever work our way into Heaven. Neighbor, the plan of salvation is very clear. God loved us so much that he gave up Jesus Christ to die on the cross as a sacrificial substitute for us. All we have to do to receive this free gift of salvation is believe. We must believe that Jesus died for our sins on the cross only to have God the Father raise Him from the dead on the third day. The book of Romans teaches, “If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. Whoever will call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Jesus Christ said when speaking to Nicodemus regarding the crucifixion, “So must the Son of Man be lifted up; so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.” Later on Jesus proclaimed, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.” There is but one way to gain entrance into Heaven. Jesus Christ is waiting. All I’m asking you to do is ask yourself, “Do I know without a doubt where I will go after I die?” I pray you look to Jesus as the answer. As I said earlier, we may not have tomorrow. All we have is today. May today be the day, you ask Jesus into your heart.

There’s nothing special about this next part. It’s not a magic formula. If you TRULY KNOW YOU NEED AND WANT Christ as your savior, pray this prayer in your heart. Father God, I know that I’m a sinner. Lord, I believe Jesus died on the cross for me. I know Lord you raised Him from the dead on the third day. Father, I turn away from the sins of my life and this world and ask Jesus to come into my heart. It is in Christ’s holy name, I pray, amen.

Respectfully,

Kevin Tinin www.tinin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment