Friday, June 3, 2011

There’s this great gulf that divides true Christians from secular folks. The divide is called faith in Christ. Remember this opening statement later. When speaking on faith, the Risen savior, and or any Christian theme, those who lend their ideals to the non-belief crowd be it atheists, deists, Islamic lies, and everyone else that refuses to acknowledge Christ as Lord love to sardonically ask, “Where’s the proof?” Point to order: If Faith has to be proven is it faith? But yet after delivering such a redundant question, I offer Psalm 107. Not proof in that God has to be defended. Historically speaking look at Nero’s failed attempts to have every known copy of scripture annihilated. Anyway, back to 107 as further text demonstrating how truly perfect The Bible is. Someone jump up now and say it is full of mistakes. Go on then. Say it. Now show me one? I’ll wait. The truth is, the whole cannon of scripture flows together knit perfectly considering it had over 40 ghostwriters. I am fully prepared to accept that this particular piece may not if even read affect anyone’s belief; however, what I write is true not because of any skillful merit I possess, but because as Christians know, God and his Word exist. If you don’t believe as I do, that’s your right. But please for humor just think about the message here. The one thing to take away from this as with most of my writing is that God loves you. Whether you believe it or not, Jesus of Nazareth, God in the flesh loved you so much that He gave His own life to pay a penalty, a debt if you will, to keep you from hell. 

We will only look at verses one and two from Psalm 107. I promise to try to leave you with a better understanding than you had when you came. I’m going to speak directly to you, dear readers that are not Christian.
1O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy    

Right off the bat, you may argue/ask about the line God is good because of his mercy. You ask about the mercy when murders, oil spills, and calamities abound. Some of you not ignorant of biblical history ask about the opposing armies God ordered the Israelites to kill.   

First, read the next line. Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy; The message of the cross, Jesus not just dying but rising from the dead saving all who accept His GRACE, The Bible teaches is foolishness to those who are perishing. That means you, Mr. or Ms. Unbeliever. But most people in the world say, but I’m a good person even if I don’t believe in your God. You can be a good person by the world’s standard.  The measuring stick God uses measures not by the world’s standard prone, but by his GOLD standard that goes by the name of Jesus. What is the major difference between this Jesus thing and all other religions you may ask if you are an equal opportunity denier. The main and most important difference is when the Buddhist prays, they pray to a dead leader or perhaps a dead leader reincarnated as an enlightened grasshopper. When the Hindu prays, well Hinduism is more of a way of life than an actual religion based on the Webster’s definition of religion. Who does Islam and her followers call? You know. Now that I’m through with that part of the intolerant, yet Biblically Correct view, I’ll proceed. Who is redeemed then? If these redeemed are speaking, then who are they? Here’s what the Bible says in John 1:12: But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. 1 Corinthians 15:22 says For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.  
Jesus Himself spoke very plainly to those educated religious folks. This is found in John chapter 8 verses 42-45: Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
 43Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
 44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
 45And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
             
         The remaining part of 107 details the Israelites’ ordeal from captivity to release to being lost then found.  Let me leave with the words of Christ from Luke 11:23. He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.
          Jesus is waiting today. If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.