Thursday, February 10, 2011

Baby Baby



                How is it that fifty million deaths have occurred and it is labeled lawful? The next statement I make will insult you, your way of life, and your “moral” code if you are pro-choice. There, you have fair warning. I challenge you to take your beliefs and reasoning and see how they stack up against not mine, but God and The Bible. The Roe vs. Wade decision of 1973, the one where The US Supreme Court concluded that the unborn child was not really human or a person, therefore was not protected by the right to life assured “persons” by the US Constitution. Furthermore, The Supreme Court concluded that the unborn fetus was merely a part of the mother’s body, not a separate human individual. If memory serves, another landmark case, the Dred Scott decision had The Supreme Court concluding incorrectly that black slaves were not really persons and therefore had no rights under the constitution.
            It is interesting to note that most often, when someone is planning to terminate the life of the unborn, and destroy this miracle of God’s creation, they refer to the unborn as the “fetus” or the “embryo.” By contrast, when they plan to keep the child and cherish it, it is always known as “my baby” or “my child.” Did you ever hear anyone say “I’m going to have a little fetus?” Did you ever hear an abortionist say, “We’re going to kill the little baby?” Our respect for the unborn seems to be strangely affected by the circumstances or semantics.
            First, let’s set up the stage.
Psalm 33:12 “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord.”
Isaiah 5:20 “Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness.”

             Most Christians have concluded that in those very few instances where the life of the mother is at stake, an abortion is justified. However, modern medical technology has virtually eliminated this terrible choice. In almost every case where the mother’s life is jeopardized, the baby can be taken by Cesarean Section and the doctor can do all that is humanly possible to keep the child alive.

          Is rape and/or incest a justification for abortion? Evidence indicates that less than one percent of the abortions in America today are the result of rape or incest.

         Does destroying the unborn baby eradicate the tragedy of the rape? The answer is no.
Don’t cry out choice. Let me make it clearer. When does life begin? Surely you don’t think a fetus becomes a baby at birth. Do you think the fetus is magically transformed into a breathing little thing thanks to the marvels of medical science? If so, why, please think, why do expecting mommies and pops  gush when listening to the heartbeat of the fetus? You don’t have to look too far to see the plan of life. Look in Genesis. God breathed into Adam. He instructed Eve on the pains of her future childbirth. Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary defines human as “having human form or attributes.” It further defines being “substance, nature, or essence of anything existent, one that exists.”

           Can anyone rationally conclude the unborn child is not a human being? To suggest it is not a “being” is to suggest it doesn’t exist. Certainly, it does exist and it is, therefore, a “being.” Further, to suggest it is not a human being is to imply it must be some other kind of being. If it is some other kind of being, what kind is it? Is it a pig, a cow, or a duck? Is it a vegetable, or perhaps some inorganic thing? Surely, this developing child within the mother’s womb, from the moment of conception, is a human being. While we are looking up words, let us see what Webster says about abortion:
The termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the embryo or fetus. a: spontaneous expulsion of a human fetus during the first 12 weeks of gestation b : induced expulsion of a human fetus c : expulsion of a fetus by a domestic animal often due to infection at any time before completion of pregnancy
            Did you read C? Expulsion of a fetus by a domestic animal. Are we domesticated animals now instead of being formed by the hand of God? Two words not found in The Bible are Embryo and fetus. Consider the marvelous occasion when Mary visited her cousin Elizabeth, several months pregnant with John the Baptist. When the good news of the Messiah’s coming was declared, the Bible says: “The babe leaped in her womb...” (Luke 1:41,44). Luke further declares that John was “filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother’s womb” (Luke 1:15). The Holy Ghost only fills people, not tissue or cells.

           The Greek word for baby is (βρεφος) brephos. It is the same word used here in this passage for the unborn baby in Elizabeth’s womb. The Thayer Greek Lexicon defines brephos as “embryo, fetus, newborn child, young child or nursing child.” This same word is used to describe Jesus in the manger (Luke 2:16) and Timothy as a “child” learning the scriptures (2 Tim. 3:15)

Choice is for choosing medium or large fries not whether a baby is allowed to live or is literally ripped apart inside you because his/her life is inconvenient at the moment. All life is precious because The Bible says it is. Right now, those who disagree are jumping and saying, soldiers kill, the same law that says abortion is choice also practices capital punishment “It is hypocritical,” opponents say to decry abortion, but uphold the death penalty. Even though The Bible clearly commands, “Thou shalt not kill,” and even though the Bible continually affirms the sanctity of all human life, The Bible does allow the taking of human life in instances of flagrant and serious crimes, such as murder, rape, incest, and child sacrifice. Capital offenses were sometimes punished by the death of the offender.

              However, in every instance where God allowed or even commanded the death of a human being, it was in response to that person’s serious crime. God does not condone the death of an innocent human being. THAT IS THE KEY, FRIENDS. GOD, not a politician, a judge, a rape victim, or an inconvenienced girl COMMANDED IT. THERE IS NO INSTANCE IN THE SCRIPTURE WHERE THE BIBLE TEACHES OR GOD CONDONES THE DEATH OF THE UNBORN CHILD.
           
Former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor said from the bench in a case concerning decency, “The evolving standards of decency mark the progress of a maturing society.” It is because of this evolving standard of decency that has not matured, but “manured” our society calling abortion a choice. Your body your choice? Eve thought that too. Look up Genesis chapter 3.
Due to copyright issues, I cannot show the information from the Barna Group, but feel free to check out the information for yourself. The information considering Christians’ attitudes may surprise you. It is a shame that we as a church, a people that say we love God even have to have a Sanctity of Life Sunday. Every day should be that for us. So Christian, you say disagree with abortion unless it’s a rape or a life or death situation for the mom? We can’t hold our bibles and say amen over the cries of the dead babies can we?  I leave you with this story called Lifetime.
LIFETIME
I remember the tenderness in your voice the first time I heard it. I remember you saying the silliest things. I knew you were the most important person in my life. I knew we were linked together. It is humbling to think God made me for you and you for me. We were made for his Glory. I remember the first visit to Doctor Livens and the words, “It’s positive. Congratulations you’re pregnant.” It still seems like a dream that I will wake up from.
            Out of all the new experiences during the pregnancy, I remember the spicy pickled nachos that hit the spot. That was gross most people said I’m sure, but it’s not theirs to digest. I remember listening to Bach and Beethoven. I think I liked Bryan Adams too. I remember all the kicks and jabs that were delivered dancing to the beats. Looking back on all that now, I wish I could experience it again.
            In the early stages, I tried to imagine your face. I longed to feel your comforting, warming touch that would tell me all would be okay and the world is a good place to live, love, and grow. You were everything I wanted. Truth is, you were all I needed. All my life, some people called me names and didn’t think I deserved to have you in my life because of how things needed to be. I’m as much of a person as they are. I remember how excited I was to feel and hear your heartbeat. It made me feel as though we were the only ones in the world. I dreamed of the day we would hold one another and dance the night away.
            Do you remember the day, my hair was pulled back into pigtails and we spent the day snorting and having fun? What about the time my heart was broken and you promised to make it better with chocolate cake and scotch tape? I so long to cherish those precious memories, but I can’t.
What will you remember?
The truth is I don’t remember the pigtails, cake, or tape. I don’t remember the music. I can’t recall even hearing your voice unless it was the loud hateful sound that was constant. I was twelve weeks old. I was only with you for three months and you decided to kill me. I know you didn’t mean to get raped. You were the victim first before you became a murderer. I heard you call me a mistake. The politicians called me a fetus. God called me chosen when he created me. Did I want to call a rapist Daddy? No. Did I want to call a murderer Mom? I never had the chance.
I feared the word Misoprostol, but you let me live past the age range for that murderous death. Suction Aspiration is a nice way to say death. Mom, I remember trying to kick that suction thing away. It invaded my womb, my sanctuary! It started decimating my home and me! I open my mouth! I’m screaming! Mom, save me! Oh God it’s ripping my toes. I hear my limbs coming apart! I can’t see! My entire body is being savagely torn! This was not a choice! It’s murder! Can’t they hear my heartbeat? Can’t they see I’m not a fetus, or a mistake, but a child created by God? My body is gone!  
 “Is number one out?”
“What are you doing? What’s that metal thing on my head doing? Oh no! It’s bearing down on me! I can’t stop it! It hurts It hurts It h-----------------------------------.”
            If the baby could talk now, she would say that this has not been graphically presented as a fundamentalist scare tactic, but rather as a presentation of how far gone our society has plunged when the act of murder is semantically sabotaged and referred to as choice. Our current president, Barrack Hussein Obama once said he did not want his daughters punished with a mistake referring to “unplanned” pregnancy in his defense of murder known as abortion.
            With that being said, the same self-professed Christian president cannot say when life begins despite The Christian Bible making it clear. Christian people hold The Bible sacred, as God’s holy, inerrant (without error), Word. We know that God knit us in our mother’s womb and that He knows us before we are born. We know this because The Bible says it is so! In a Stephen King novel one character said, “God knows the truth and waits.” One day the unified voice of the murdered unborn will be heard with a loud trumpet. Woe be to those murderers in the guise of healers that killed helpless children and those who allowed it.
            Most murderous mommas say it was not an easy decision to make. Most regret it after learning the truth of God’s Word. Some will cling to the excuse that it was either her or the baby. It is what it is; ripping apart a living breathing creation inside your own body is not a procedure. It is murder. 


No comments:

Post a Comment